only printing half of artwork

Other questions
Theprintlab305

only printing half of artwork

Post by Theprintlab305 »

Hello I have Printfab 2.98 - the issue I'm having is when I'm printing my artwork
It come out at the bottom of transparency as if the settings are not correct for
paper size please see attachments
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG (110.45 KiB) Viewed 830 times
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG (110.45 KiB) Viewed 830 times

I have had this issue several times with photoshop
also please help
Attachments
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG (41.05 KiB) Viewed 830 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: only printing half of artwork

Post by zedonet »

Hello, it looks as if the selected page size is longer than the film, so the bottom is cut off. Which page size did you select in the "Page setup" dialog and what is the size of the transparent film?
The Print Lab 305

Post by The Print Lab 305 »

Yes, you can see the media size I believe is 12 something by 26. How do I change this because these are the printfab settings do I have to make the media size also 13 x 19? You can see it in the attachment. Please respond back. I have been waiting to print these shirts.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Of course the media size selected in your application must fit to the actual size of your paper/film. Otherwise it tries to center your document on the print media, i.e. shifts it down by 3.8 inches as visible in your print dialog. An easy fix would be to set the "Y" value in "Placing" to "0".
You can also add new media sizes directly in PrintFab and select this new size in the print dialog.
The Print Lab 305

So I change the media size to 13 x 19 I don’t have attachment right now but is printing to the right side of the film transparency and there’s a long line on the left side so I don’t understand what’s going on now what’s more frustrating you guys only respond two days or day later Please help me with this situation. Hopefully, I can get a response before tomorrow.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please try:

1) in the Illustrator or Indesign print dialog, button "Page Setup...", select the page size to the size of your film. If the size of your transparent film is not available, please create a custom page size, follow the steps in my screenshot

illustrator mac custom page size.png
illustrator mac custom page size.png (158.04 KiB) Viewed 664 times

then select this custom page size.

2) check if your artwork is properly positioned in the small preview of the Illustrator print dialog.
We recommend to set "Placement " to top left, i.e. X=0.00 in and Y=0.00 in

3) print and check if the print looks like the preview in the Illustrator print dialog - if not, please send a screenshot of this dialog and a photo of the printed film
The Print Lab 305

OK, so now I am printing in Photoshop due to the gradient for the sun. I went in the media size and put it at 13 x 19 now is printing to the right hand side. Please see the attachment. How can I fix this?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I'm sorry but I cannot find an attachment. If it doesn't work in the forum, you can also send it by email.